The Hammock that Started the Hammock Camping Revolution
Designed for anyone up to 250 lbs / 114 kg and 6' / 183 cm tall
Side entrance zipper closure with with heavy duty #10 zipper and two double sliders
This is our most popular Zip model with patented features including our patented asymmetrical shape and structural ridge line to ensure exceptional comfort and a perfect set up every time.
The new 70d catenary cut rainfly reduces the weight and wrinkles. This is an all-purpose hammock - great for backpacking, family camping, expeditions, kayaking, motorcycling, and any other purposes which requires comfort and durability at an affordable price.
Tom knew that the people of Central America sleep diagonally in their hammocks. So, with that knowledge, he changed the shape of his hammock into his patented asymmetrical design which lets you lie level on the diagonal with excellent support under your lower back and knees.
Because tree spacing is always different, the curve of a hammock is always different. The patented structural ridge line ensures the same shape every time you set up your hammock. This is the first time in history that you have the exact same comfortable bed every night and a perfect setup every time
Asymmetrical hammock shape (US Patent US6865757B2); Structural ridge line patent (US patent US20090165205A1) Also patented in the UK, EU, AUS/NZ, and Canada.
- Height Limit: 6' tall / 183 cm
- Weight Limit: 250 lbs / 114 kg
- Packed Weight: 2 lbs 12 oz / 1232 g not including 3 oz/ 84 g webbing straps
- Packed Size: 4" x 7" x 9" / 10 cm x 18 cm x 23 cm
- Hammock Fabric: 70d high density nylon taffeta
- Bottom Fabric Dimensions: 120" x 59" / 305 cm x 150 cm
- Zipper: Heavy duty black double slider #10 YKK zipper
- Mesh: 30d polyester No-See-Um netting
- Suspending Ropes: 10' / 305 cm, 1500 lb. / 680 kg test polyester rope
- Webbing Straps: 1.5" x 42" / 3.8 cm x 107 cm black polyester
- Rainfly Weight: 10 oz / 280 g
- Rainfly Fabric: 70d polyurethane coated polyester ripstop
- Rainfly Dimensions: Parallelogram 63" x 99" / 160 cm x 252 cm Diagonal length above ridge line 132" / 335 cm
- Color: Hunter green hammock with hunter green fly and black trim
- Stuff Sack: Logo and set up instructions printed on ripstop polyester bag 5/8 oz / 18 g
Now you can mix and match hammock parts for your specific needs. As you will see, sometimes there is only a small price increase to get exactly what you want instead of buying more than you need.
FREE LONGER WEBBING STRAPS: In some areas of the world, longer straps are needed. Our stock webbing straps are 42" / 107 cm long which is fine for trees up to 14" / 36 cm in diameter. Now you can get a free upgrade to longer 72" / 183 cm straps for trees up 24" / 60 cm in diameter or 96" / 244 cm webbing straps for trees up to 36" / 91 cm in diameter.
BIGGER RAINFLY: You can keep the standard rain fly or get one that is bigger or one that provides the maximum storm protection.
INSULATION DESIGNED FOR EVERY HENNESSY HAMMOCK: Most places in the world, even jungles, require some insulation at night especially at altitude. We offer two choices with different temperature ranges. Both of these systems have insulation pads that are wider and will protect your arms and shoulders much better than the standard tent pad.
If you are looking for a true 4 season insulation system, we suggest our SuperShelter 4 Season System with a single bottomed hammock or our new 4Season insulated double bottom hammocks as a better choice.
All Hennessy Hammocks come complete with attached mosquito netting, detachable rain fly, support ropes, and stuff sack with set up instructions on back. Hennessy Hammock also provides complimentary standard 42" / 107 cm long "Tree Hugger" webbing straps to protect the bark of trees. Because these accessory webbing straps are complimentary, they are weighed separately from the hammock.
Need help? Have any questions?
Call us if you need help deciding on the right hammock model for you. We're here between 9 and 5 Pacific Standard Time Monday - Friday at 001 250 539 2930 — or email us.
Our handy hammock comparison chart can help you make a decision based on specifications.
Why order from Hennessy Hammock?
- Expert advice
- Legendary service
- Quick replacement & warranty support on the trail
- Free accessories!